BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Good afternoon,

Is it possible to add a column in a viewtable and to add values to this new column then save this new viewtable?

Regards
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
When a table appears in an Enterprise Guide project, it is marked (Read Only). This has always been a desired performance for me, and the people I have tutored through using the product since Version 2.

An important aspect of this behaviour was that one could not delete or damage external tables through the EG Project. This was especially important when the right click menu on a table included "Delete", which was not really "Delete", but was actually "Remove".

On the face of the project, the table is selected from a library, or created from one or more steps. If it were possible to run a step, create a table, and then modify the table through a manual and untracked process, then the project would be anomalous.

I can't find any back door to turn off the read only flagging on the table, indeed I hope no such back door exists, and until that is turned off, you won't be able to modify the structure or content of the table.

If the developers add a task called "Manual table update" that one could select which produced an output table containing your changes, then that might be helpful. Perhaps, some form of table designer as is available in Foundation SAS.

Kind regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation