BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hetty
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

I have a number of programs that create PDF reports via ODS running SAS 9.2. on a UNIX/Linux platform.  For over a year, I have been posting these reports to my team's Sharepoint site with no problems.  Last week, one of my team members tried posting one.  The result was a blank PDF with only the table of contents appearing.  Only obvious difference between my installation and his is the Internet Explorer version - 7 for me and 8 for him.  A few points:

1.  When I posted the PDF, he had no trouble reading it

2.  When he posted the same file, the results were blank as detailed above

3.  I created another PDF using MS Word and he posted it.  No problem with this.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the IE version but couldn't find anything in Support.  Anyone else have this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Are you saying that you both ran IDENTICAL code, using IDENTICAL options and the same version of SAS? The IE version should not make a huge difference because I thought that IE was only starting up Adobe Acrobat Reader as a helper application. Did you both have the IDENTICAL versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader?

But, even so, this sounds like an issue for SAS Technical Support, to me.

cynthia

Hetty
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, including Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Think I should put something in?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I think it's worth a closer look, given what you report, and Tech Support is in the closer look business.

cynthia

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

From my personal experience of the software tools listed in this post Sharepoint is the most unstable.

I have had experience where I cannot get links to pages in Sharepoint to work the same even when using the exact same computer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation