BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Excused, but I do not speak English well.

I would want to place some regarding questions to Web Report Study.

1) Using a table to fields it intercrossed, it is possible to eliminate or to hide label of the field a line?

2) Using a table to fields it intercrossed, it is possible to hide a field line and to make that this last one holds an ascending order?

3) Using a table to fields it intercrossed, it is possible to color the inner edges?

4) Using a table to fields it intercrossed, it is possible to align the interruptions for groups vertically?

I hope that someone I can myself be helped, thanks!!
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi!
Some more information is needed to help figure out whether you need ODS reporting help from this forum or whether you would be better served by contacting Technical Support.

For example:
1) What is your procedure of choice? Most SAS procedures that generate tabular output CAN be modified to suppress headers, change colors or change alignment. However the method for making the change will vary depending on whether you are producing your table with PROC FREQ, PROC GLM, PROC TABULATE or PROC REPORT or one of the other SAS procedures.

2) When you say you want to ask some questions regarding a "Web Report Study" -- you could mean several different things.

You could mean, "I need to produce a report using the ODS HTML destination and place the report results (an HTML file) onto a web server."

Or you might also mean, "My company uses SAS/IntrNet and SAS data sets on a server and I need to produce dynamic web-based reports for one particular study."

OR, you might be using other techniques or client applications to produce your study reports (JMP, Enterprise Miner, Marketing Automation, SAS Web Report Studio, etc)

For the first 2 possibilities, you would be using procedure or destination techniques to accomplish your customization. For the third possibility, if you were using some other product or client application, you would need to find out more regarding that particular product or application.

If you can provide a bit more specific information, I'm sure that the people in the Forum can point you in the right direction.

cynthia
CandidedeVoltaire
Calcite | Level 5
Please excuse my English,

I am trying to change the original format normaly used in PROC FREQ. I am using the option french_canadian with national language format NLNUM8.2 for example.

proc freq data = dsn ;
table var_a * var_b / format = nlnum15.0 ;

run ;

works but only with the frequency variable not, the percent, row and colum format stay the same...

I also tried proc freq option with the OUTPUT = DNS and then use my national format with PROC PRINT etc. But with crosstab freqency of two variables it gets more complicated. Is there a paper reference or "hopefully" a simple way out to my problem?

Hoping my help message is heard...

Message was edited by: Candide de Voltaire at Jan 17, 2007 7:47 PM
Message was edited by: Candide de Voltaire at Jan 17, 2007 8:29 PM
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, well, I think there is a solution to your question, but I'm not sure it's entirely a simple solution.

According to the documentation, FORMAT= is working as designed. It is advertised as only formatting the frequencies.

Normally, to change the format of a column produced by a procedure, you would change the TABLE template used to control the procedure's output. And this is the approach I would recommend if you were producing ONE-WAY tables. HOWEVER, you want to produce a crosstab from PROC FREQ and, the bad news is that there is no TABLE template for PROC FREQ crosstabs.

So, the first thing is to try this:
[pre]
proc freq data=dsn;
table var_a * var_b/ crosslist format=nlnum15.0;
run;
[/pre]

The good news is that IF you can live with the way this output looks, then you CAN change the TABLE template (BASE.FREQ.CROSSLIST) for this output in order to use your NLNUM format with the other columns on the report.

Now, that means you have a new challenge:
1) deciding if can you live with the CROSSLIST form of the output and
2) if so, then learning the way to change the TABLE template.

This SAS Sample shows how to change a simple PROC FREQ table:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/samples/index.jsp?sid=285
(so you would get the idea of how you'd go about making a change)
And here are some other links that show changing table templates (although none of them change the CROSSLIST template, but you should be able to get an idea of how to do it from these examples):
http://support.sas.com/faq/032/FAQ03253.html or
http://support.sas.com/faq/032/FAQ03254.html

OR you could abandon PROC FREQ entirely and use PROC TABULATE as described in this sample:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/samples/index.jsp?sid=1643&tab=details

OR you could contact Tech Support for help regarding the best approach based on your data, your destination requirements. Tech Support would help you with a TABLE template if you are not familiar with how PROC TEMPLATE works.

Good luck!
cynthia
CandidedeVoltaire
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you Cynthia, but crosslist doesnt not work. I will try contacting SAS support, and maybe look at the proc table option, but in anay case, thank you for your suggestions.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
I believe that CROSSLIST was introduced in SAS 9 -- for the very issue that you've encountered. Consider the PROC TABULATE solution, you can reduce the cell spacing and font sizes and suppress table lines to get the output condensed.

Good luck!
cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation