BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ChristineKraft
Fluorite | Level 6

I am having trouble with the titles in my PDF output. When I underline them, the underline extends too far past the title. It doesn't seem to matter which style I use, this is always a problem. Any thoughts?

options orientation=portrait nodate	nonumber;
ods escapechar='^';

ods pdf file = "test.pdf";

title1 h=12pt "^{style [textdecoration=underline]This is my title}^n
^{style [textdecoration=underline]And the second line looks weird, too}";
footnote h=10pt j=c '^{thispage}';

proc tabulate data=sashelp.class missing;
class sex;
var height;
table sex='',height='Average Height'*mean='';
run;

ods pdf close;

test.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Update on this question: There is a Tech Support note related to this issue that suggests using a different font will correct the issue -- here's the note: http://support.sas.com/kb/56/784.html .

And when I use Times New Roman (a serif font) for my title statement, there is no added space after the last letter.

cynthia

fix_underline.png

Here's the code:

ods escapechar='^';
ods html file="c:\temp\title_test2.html";
ods rtf file="c:\temp\title_test2.rtf";
ods pdf file = "c:\temp\title_test2.pdf";

title1 h=12pt font="Times New Roman"  "^{style [textdecoration=underline]1) This is my title}
^{newline 1} ^{style [textdecoration=underline]And the second line looks fine, too}";
footnote h=10pt font="Times New Roman"  j=c '^{thispage}';

class sex;
var height;
run;

title1 h=12pt font="Times New Roman" "^{style [textdecoration=underline]2) This is my title}";
title2 h=12pt font="Times New Roman" "^{style [textdecoration=underline]And the second line looks fine}";

class sex;
var height;
run;
ods pdf close;
ods html close;
ods rtf close;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
I observe the same behavior you do. In fact, it doesn't matter whether I use ^{NEWLINE 1} or just the old form ^n or use 2 title statements, like this:
title1 h=12pt "^{style [textdecoration=underline]2) This is my title}";
title2 h=12pt "^{style [textdecoration=underline]And the second line looks wonky}";

when I use textdecoration=underline in SAS 9.4, it appears that the underline does not stop under the last letter in PDF -- this is different behavior than with RTF or HTML.

using 2 title statements.png

I think you need to open a track with Tech Support on this behavior.

Cynthia

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Update on this question: There is a Tech Support note related to this issue that suggests using a different font will correct the issue -- here's the note: http://support.sas.com/kb/56/784.html .

And when I use Times New Roman (a serif font) for my title statement, there is no added space after the last letter.

cynthia

fix_underline.png

Here's the code:

ods escapechar='^';
ods html file="c:\temp\title_test2.html";
ods rtf file="c:\temp\title_test2.rtf";
ods pdf file = "c:\temp\title_test2.pdf";

title1 h=12pt font="Times New Roman"  "^{style [textdecoration=underline]1) This is my title}
^{newline 1} ^{style [textdecoration=underline]And the second line looks fine, too}";

class sex;
var height;
run;

title1 h=12pt font="Times New Roman" "^{style [textdecoration=underline]2) This is my title}";
title2 h=12pt font="Times New Roman" "^{style [textdecoration=underline]And the second line looks fine}";

class sex;
var height;
run;
ods pdf close;
ods html close;
ods rtf close;
ChristineKraft
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, Cynthia! That's what Tech Support said, too. It is supposed to be fixed in a later SAS release...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation