BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hari1109
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Friends,

Is there any way to increase the quoted string length to fit the string in a single title statement. i am trying to put a quoted string in single title statement with center justification but it is appearing in two lines with center justification. However if i change the font size of 8pt the quoted string i am getting the string in a single line but i want quoted string with font size 11 pt. Is there any we can get the quoted strng in title. By the by i am using the maximum line size option.

Here is the exmaple

TITLE2 J=L FONT=ARIAL BOLD HEIGHT=11PT "NUMBER" J=CENTER FONT=ARIAL BOLD HEIGHT=11PT "&tit2.";
LEFT CENTER
output : NUMBER STUDENTS WITH PAYMENT GREATER THAN
$10,000
LEFT CENTER
Required : NUMBER STUDENTS WITH PAYMENT GREATER THAN $10,000.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
barheat
Fluorite | Level 6
The title does not seem that long to present a problem. You don't mention the output destination. Are you creating PDF, RTF (Word) or something else (a graph title) ?

You could simply replace GREATER THAN with the ">" symbol. Depending on the output you could turn the output to landscape.
hari1109
Fluorite | Level 6
i am creating a pdf output and what i mentioned in the example is the quoted string as title2 in the pdf output.

Thank you.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I believe what you're seeing is described in this Tech Support note:
http://support.sas.com/kb/24/492.html

There are several workarounds mentioned. Your font reduction technique is one of them.

Basically, the note explains that the problem exists because of how SAS and ODS are dealing with the 2 strings in the TITLE2 statement (the string for J=L and the string for J=C).

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation