BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi all,

I really have stuck on making names of my columns in the proc report. 

871x251.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You should provide an example of what the data would look like with "names of the columns well-balanced in vertical measures."

Since you current code shows vertically nested column headings I suspect the approach might involve summarizing your data such that you no longer use nested column headings.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: In order to "correct your code" people need data. Otherwise, they have to make data, which may or may not work with your program. So, either you need to provide some test data to work with or you need to recast your program using SASHELP data, which everyone has available. Also, you don't show your RTF statements, margin settings, orientation settings, style or macro variable values. So in order to run your code, you are asking for someone to essentially recreate everything that your program does before this step.

Offhand, my guess is that your parentheses for spanned headers are wrong in the COLUMN statement.

cynthia

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

In looking at your DEFINE statements, your placement of the headers is causing the issues.

header_issue.png

everything in yellow is on the same report row. So, then, your spanning headers for Cohort3 and Cohort4 are going to be ABOVE this row.

You could try moving the headers for VAR2 and VAR3 into the COLUMN statement and then putting a blank on the DEFINE statement for those variables.

possible_fix.png

But without data or the rest of your code, that is just a guess.

Cynthia

DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation