BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GregG
Quartz | Level 8

If I'm using a macro to create an identical report for 50 different programs, how can I stop all 50 .rtf files from opening when ods rtf close; occurs?

This is the ODS / PROC report code inside the macro:

OPTIONS NODATE NONUMBER;

ODS RTF FILE="C:\PROGRAM_PEER_CIP_ &CIP_NUMBER _RESULTS.RTF";

TITLE "Potential Peer Institutions for &CIP_NUMBER - &CIP_NAME";

title2 "&TOTAL_SELECTED out of &SAMPLE Selected using CAB AND Hanover Scoring Algorithm on CIP data";

PROC REPORT DATA=RESULTS PS=60 LS=110 MISSING SPLIT='\' NOWINDOWS;

run;

ODS RTF CLOSE;

We need run this for 50 CIPs and need each in it's own report. But we don't want/need everything to open automatically after the process is completed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
GregG
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you, Reeza!

This appears to have worked (from the other thread): I changed the preferences in Tools>Options>Preferences>results and unchecked the "View results as they are generated" - it worked perfectly.

Andre
Obsidian | Level 7

Greg,

ods noresults;

ODS RTF FILE="C:\PROGRAM_PEER_CIP_ &CIP_NUMBER _RESULTS.RTF";

TITLE "Potential Peer Institutions for &CIP_NUMBER - &CIP_NAME";

title2 "&TOTAL_SELECTED out of &SAMPLE Selected using CAB AND Hanover Scoring Algorithm on CIP data";

PROC REPORT DATA=RESULTS PS=60 LS=110 MISSING SPLIT='\' NOWINDOWS;

run;

ODS RTF CLOSE;

ods results;

the reports are silently written.

i hope this way solves your needs too.

At the end, you open the report outside SAS.

Andre

GregG
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you, Andre.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation