BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
The following code report prints fine with subtotals and a grandtotal -- however, I don't want the grandtotal to print/display -- what code will suppress grand total line?

proc print data = b2 uniform label ;
by co_id ;
id co_id ;
var Ped Recordcnt Wellcnt Ownercnt Checkcnt WIcnt WInetamt RIcnt RInetamt;
sum Recordcnt Wellcnt Ownercnt Checkcnt WIcnt WInetamt RIcnt RInetamt;
*format Amount Comma15.2 ;
title Detail Sales History Data -- Statistics ;
title2 (Excludes Deleted Interest Owner);
run ;
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
With PROC PRINT, the SUM statement does both subtotals and grand totals and you do not have the ability to get one without getting the other. (Without a BY statement, you would only get grand totals).

However, PROC REPORT does allow you to request either subtotals or grand totals independently of each other. The converted code would be something like what's shown below.

You'll have to read about the DEFINE statement and various USAGE options. For more information on PROC REPORT, I recommend:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/v82/techreport_p258.pdf

I only included a DEFINE statement for CO_ID, so that the BREAK statement could be used. I was not sure what usage you would want for PED (DISPLAY?? ORDER??) If you
-wanted- grand totals, you would explicitly have to use an RBREAK statement.

cynthia
[pre]
proc report data = b2 nowd;
column co_id Ped Recordcnt Wellcnt Ownercnt Checkcnt WIcnt WInetamt RIcnt RInetamt;
define co_id / order;
break after co_id/summarize skip;
title Detail Sales History Data -- Statistics ;
title2 (Excludes Deleted Interest Owner);
run ;
[/pre]

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation