BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Just curious if the ODS DATA Step Object will come out of preproduction with 9.2
8 REPLIES 8
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The ODS DATA Step Object will still be experimental/preproduction in SAS 9.2. It is slated (according to the developer) for 9.3 right now. There's been a lot of work done for 9.2 to stabilize the capability, but it is not fully "cooked" yet.

cynthia
Kwok
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia,

Is there any improvement when comapre to the Preproduction v9.13 ? If so, what are they ?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I am sure there have been improvements, but I do not know -exactly- what they are. You might search the Tech Support site for more information about the Data Step Object.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
I took a half day training at SGF with Dan O'Connor and Scott Huntley in which they went over a number of improvements to the the ODS DATA Step Object. Here's what comes to mind:
- support of unicode charaters,
- more color defenition (e.g., Dark Blue),
- nested styles, and
- error cheching!!!

It's being called Report Writing Interface in SAS 9.2, and is still in preproduction, but it's much more stable, and has an easier name.
Kwok
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks much for you information.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
What Dan and Scott talked about at SGF was not everything that has changed or been improved for the DATA step object, however. Consulting the documentation or web pages for more information is still a good idea.

cynthia
Kwok
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for your inpu. Do you know where I cna find the 9.2 doc and what is the link for 9.2 ? I wnet to
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/datastep/dsobject/index.html

But it is still on 9.13. Where can I find the new improvemants on 9.2 ?

Thanks
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Since the feature is being continually developed, I believe that any updates to the documentation will be put here.
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/datastep/dsobject/index.html

In fact, there's a note on the page that says
This feature is preproduction for SAS 9.1.3 and later, and it can change at any time. Please direct questions or comments to Daniel O’Connor.

The improved stuff won't make it into the "What's New for 9.2" documentation because this facility is still pre-production.

When this capability becomes production, then what you see out on this site will get used by the documentation people as the basis for the formal documentation. At some point, I believe the continuing changes will find their way to this web site...or a link will be posted from this site to a site with more information, if the feature undergoes radical changes.

Since this is all pre-production, it's really hard to pin down -exact- changes. If you really need to know more, then I suggest you contact Dan with questions or feedback on what you've experienced using the DATA Step Object and/or what you'd like to see. When you click on his name in the warning note, you can send email directly to him.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation