BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7
I try to post here as the universal viewer is a manner to view a table or a list of variables
a kind of reporting, even if it is not ods
I did not find anything about the problem that appear outside a english speaking sphere:
When i open the universal viewer any accented character of for example a french label
is not rended. And the univiewer as no regulation about encoding in its menu
even in a latin context. Of course univiewer seems to use behind a new wway to work.

Is there a way to regulate this problem or must we return back to the sasviewer 9.1 that never has presented this difficulty..
Of course with viewtable of sas9.2.2 the table appear well.

TIA
Andre
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
This is a software problem related to NLS - you should open a SAS support track at the link on the bottom of the forum discussions page.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7
Scott,
I shall do
but NLS is limited to SAS Foundation etc and with no use outside the Sas construction.
The universal viewer seems so not so universal 😉
I shall report here the answer of the Technical support

Andre
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Not sure where you are getting your information, but I would consider any SAS-distributed component/function that is distributed with SAS Base to be vendor-supported, and that would include the SAS Universal Viewer.

Scott
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes there is a defect S0624905 at R/D due to elements of ship event 10w13

We must wait

The problem was exactly the following
UV is working in encoding UNICODE
Modifying some (accented) letter inside under an different OS lead to a discordance with both unicode and ascii letters in the same viewer
The good news is that with the UV 1.1 included in the next maintenance 3 of 9.2, the propblem would disappear

Andre Message was edited by: Andre

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation