BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi all.
Since this is a SAS/Graph question, I'm not sure that it is the correct place to post it. Anyway, since it will be read be a lot of SAS experts, I think it's worth a try, isn't it ?

When you define some global graphic statement like AXIS1 or SYMBOL3, the definition you provided is stored in the WORK.SASGOPT catalog.
Is there a way to store it elsewhere, as you can do with macros or formats catalogs ?

Thanks in advance.
Olivier
3 REPLIES 3
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
You could store it as a "program" in a directory somewhere and then call it in via a %Include statement as needed ...
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Bill.

Thanks for that idea, but I was wondering if there was some set of options like the FMTSEARCH and SASMSTORE options to give SAS a library where such an defintions catalog would be store.

I do agree that there are numerous ways to record definitions otherwise that try to save and restore such a catalog. Let's say that my question is rather of the theorical kind, than the "I have to solve this problem at any cost" kind.
deleted_user
Not applicable
There may be Olivier, and some experimenting is called for.

I will tell you that by default the library GDevice0 is not assigned, but when you create your own device drivers for SAS/Graph, you then assign that library, copy SAS supplied drivers over to that library and modify them, and they then take precedence over the Device entries in SASHELP.

Never having played with saving AXIS and similar statements, I can't say with certainty that there is a catalogue search sequence you can use as a solution, but if there isn't then I'm willing to bet that one can craft a work around. One can certainly write two macros to save and recall definitions between the WORK catalog and a permanent version. I shall look at that, although since such definitions as AXIS are specific to particular outputs, I have some doubts about the need for the solution in my work.

Kind regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation