BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
glmsas
Calcite | Level 5

We currently are a MS shop and use SQL Server 2008 as our Data source.

Currently, we report with MS Excel and populate the sheets from Stored Procedures in SQL Server.

I'd like to use SAS to do most of the heavy lifting for this and use SAS to preform automated audits on the data that we currently mannually do in Excel where there's room for errors.

I working on a Doc right now to present to the team that i've created from some of the SAS marleting material and other SUGI docs and links.

I'd like to dress it up a little with some examples, but i currenlty don't have SAS installed on my PC.

Does anyone have some samples they'd like to share? SAS code and Excel picture?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Your requirements are quite vague, most of the projects I've been involved could fit into this.

Can you be more specific about "heavy lifting" and "automated audits", so we can help you with relevant information?

Data never sleeps
glmsas
Calcite | Level 5

Step1: ETL-- running SAS (either Pass through, or with Libname Engine) to access and run MS SQL queries

Step2: ETL Run analysis on the data with SAS to insure quality and counts. ie zip codes are conforming to the requirements.

Step3 : ETL  Load Excel Sheets from the data pulled from SQL Server. Simply population data with names and addresses and simple rows and columns.

Step4: Clean up any Excel formating with Excel tools

I've done similiar to this before, but don't currently have SAS installed to be able to do a 'Show'

thanks

Reeza
Super User

Talk to a SAS Sales Rep, they'll provide you a copy for a short time to help out. Or sign up for the web based one, but you'll only be able to Step 2 with that.

To be honest, Step 1/2 can easily be managed within a Server environment.

Step3 and Step4 are where SAS is extremely useful.

Reeza
Super User

Try googling papers on lexjansen.com and see if some papers have pictures and examples. 

If you post more detailed examples you might get some more help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation