BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
m88mukul
Calcite | Level 5

Hello sir/ma'am,  I am new to SAS. Can you please tell me as to why I am unable to use proc report features ( headskip, headline etc)in SAS university edition? Is it same for licenced version as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The features of PROC REPORT are all the same as long as you are using the same SAS version and maintenance level, for example SAS 9.4M6.

The features you mention only apply to LISTING output, not to other types of output like HTML which I suspect is the default with SAS UE:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=proc&docsetTarget=n1dz7jdasx5t56n1rmlx346dyk6n.htm&docsetVer...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The features of PROC REPORT are all the same as long as you are using the same SAS version and maintenance level, for example SAS 9.4M6.

The features you mention only apply to LISTING output, not to other types of output like HTML which I suspect is the default with SAS UE:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=proc&docsetTarget=n1dz7jdasx5t56n1rmlx346dyk6n.htm&docsetVer...

m88mukul
Calcite | Level 5
thankyou!
ballardw
Super User

FYI, Proc Report goes back to the days of all output went to a line printer and still supports that output. However most of the recent output goes to different types of display files such as HTML, PDF and RTF. Those files don't support line printer commands just as line printers don't support HTML appearance options.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

And, to add my .02 -- in this modern day and age, nobody wants to see lines drawn with dashes or equal signs in tables. HTML tables don't need DOL or DUL or HEADLINE or HEADSKIP or PANELS or BOX. The LISTING only options were designed for a monospace font meant to be printed on a line printer, where you got exactly 10 or 12 characters per inch on a line horizontally and approximately 6 lines for every inch of vertical space. Those constructs do not apply for HTML, RTF, PDF or Excel or PowerPoint destinations.

Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation