BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasuser123123
Quartz | Level 8
Hello!
I was saved a proc report data as a rtf file in a folder . but whenever I'm opening that file it shows as Excel report not rtf. And also footnotes are came at top of table..I don't know why it's happening
I'm used...
Ods listing close;
Ods rtf file='path';
Proc report data=data;

Ods rtf close;
Ods listing;

Could you please help me out...

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Go to Windows Explorer or File Explorer. Find the RTF file. Click once to highlight it, then Right-click to get a popup window, as shown below:

show_choices.png

Under Open with you should see the applications that have been specified to open an RTF file. As you can see, on my system, I picked Notepad and Word as the 2 applications for RTF files. If you don't see Word as a choice in the Open with window, then you have to pick Choose another app. If you click Choose another app, then you should see some suggested other apps, like WordPad and Notepad, etc. Word should be in that list.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

That is not what I observe -- as long as my path has a file extension of .RTF for the file I'm creating ODS RTF works fine for me. Here's my test:

test_out.png

As you can see, the RTF file opened in WORD correctly.

Cynthia

ballardw
Super User

If you have Excel opening an RTF document it may indicate that your Windows system has been set to open RTF by Excel.

Try this: use the Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder where you have saved the RTF file. Click on the RTF file to open it. If it opens in Excel then you need to change the default program used to open the RTF files.

Any behavior about footnotes would likely come from the Excel treatment of headers and/or footers which is different than Word.

sasuser123123
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for your responses!
Of course I was saved and opened my rtf file but it opened in Excel
Is there any options for changing....

Thank you
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Go to Windows Explorer or File Explorer. Find the RTF file. Click once to highlight it, then Right-click to get a popup window, as shown below:

show_choices.png

Under Open with you should see the applications that have been specified to open an RTF file. As you can see, on my system, I picked Notepad and Word as the 2 applications for RTF files. If you don't see Word as a choice in the Open with window, then you have to pick Choose another app. If you click Choose another app, then you should see some suggested other apps, like WordPad and Notepad, etc. Word should be in that list.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

sasuser123123
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you so much !!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation