BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi...I am creating a report using ODS PDF and can't seem to figure out how to change the number of rows of output on each page of the report. Right now, I am getting 34 rows of actual data on each page and there is a large space or gap between each row as if a blank row was inserted in between each row of data. I would just like to have as many rows of data on each page as possible and can fit, Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User
1) This option could make PDF as large as you want to hold those obs.
options papersize=(10cm 20cm);

2)This option could make PDF a little bigger .
options leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 rightmargin=0 bottommargin=0;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

The first bit is to consider the ODS style in effect. If you didn't specify one then likely defaults to the PDF style which sets things like default Font, font size and cell padding in cells of tables.

So specify a different ODS style when creating the file.

You didn't say which procedure you are using but Procs Print, Report and Tabulate have style overrides available to control such settings on a per table, column, row or cell basis. So you could use those to use a smaller font and less cell padding to get more rows of text per output page. We would have to know your procedure code to see what you may want to set.

Also your options for Margin settings, Topmargin and Bottom margin affect how much page space is allotted to top and bottom margins.

twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi...I am using PROC Report...

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Without data or seeing ALL of your code, nobody can try to replicate your output or really comment constructively at all on your question. Can you post your data and your code, including your options statement and your ODS statements.

cynthia

Ksharp
Super User
1) This option could make PDF as large as you want to hold those obs.
options papersize=(10cm 20cm);

2)This option could make PDF a little bigger .
options leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 rightmargin=0 bottommargin=0;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation