BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LindaH1120
Fluorite | Level 6

When ever I have a proc gchart and proc report on the same page, it always gives me 2 extra lines inbetween the chart and report.  I need to same vertical space on the page, so what is the easiest way to remove the lines?  Do I need to write to a pdf so I have better control of where the reports are placed or can it be accomplished in RTF?

I have attached the code!

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

ODS RTF ("classic" RTF) puts a fixed amount of space or empty lines between things like two tables on the same page or a table and a graph. If you search for Tech Support notes on the use of the PARSKIP style element you should find an example of using a style template to change the PARSKIP style element.. I believe you may have to experiment with "classic" RTF vs TAGSETS.RTF and the use of PARSKIP in a style template.

ODS LAYOUT, which is still experimental, was designed first, for PDF. So it may afford you better control over item placement than RTF. But, first I'd recommend that you just test your program with ODS PDF because it is entirely possible that there wouldn't be as much space between your table and graph in PDF as in RTF.

cynthia

LindaH1120
Fluorite | Level 6

I just saw tagsets.rtf and parskip late yesterday afternoon.  I will give that a try for certain, but first try PDF.  I have way to much information to fit on a page, but the customer wants it and knows how small the print will be... they know they will most likely need a magnifying glass to read it. (hopefully not! LOL)

Thanks for your advice!  I will let you know if it works!

Linda 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation