BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sks
Fluorite | Level 6 sks
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello All,
I am trying to get a box/frame around the entire report page.I am using ODS pdf with the journal style, and I have used the frame=box option in my style statement. I still don't see the box around the whole report.
In the report there are 3 lines of title in one row and desc. in the second row and then I have columns for the report.

ODS PDF FILE='myfilename.pdf' style=journal;
proc report data=sashelp.shoes nowd
style(Header) =[background=white bordertopstyle=solid bordercolor=black borderwidth=1pt frame=box asis=on just=center font_face='Times']
style(report) =[background=white bordertopstyle=solid bordercolor=black borderwidth=1pt frame=box asis=on just=center font_face='Times'];

title 'proc report Across';
where region in ('Asia', 'Canada') ;
column product subsidiary region,(n sales);
define product /group ;
define subsidiary /group;
define region /across ;
define n / 'Count';
define sales /sum;
rbreak after / summarize;
compute after; product='Total';
endcomp;
run;

Thanks
Shri
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm confused by your description. You want to use Journal style -- but want a BOX around the SAS TITLE (Proc Report Across) or you want to see a box around the WHOLE report table. Remember that the SAS TITLE sits outside the boundary of the report table.

Perhaps you want PROC REPORT ACROSS to span the region values??? Can you explain a bit more?

cynthia
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Also, FRAME=BOX is not appropriate to put as a style attribute for the HEADER element -- generally, FRAME=BOX is a table-level element -- so you would only have it on the STYLE(REPORT) option or in a STYLE template.

cynthia
sks
Fluorite | Level 6 sks
Fluorite | Level 6
I am sorry as soon as I posted I realized my mistake. I need the box aorund the whole report. And in the report I need to have a title block and a description block and then the report information. The report is a cross tab, where I have doc_type doc_column as the rows and the columns will be no. of records in the doc_type/doc_column and the sum of doc_total

The report will be something like this
title -1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
description
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doc_Type doc_coumn N of Doc_column Total amount
type1 code1 25 $300
code2 50 $200

type2

And I need the box around the entire page (the title1, description and the report) and lines between title1 and description

Hope this helps
Thanks for all your help

Shri
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You will have to work with Tech Support on this question. While you can make FRAME=BOX work with the JOURNAL style -- it will only put the BOX around the PROC REPORT output, itself. Your title and your extra text are -outside- the PROC REPORT table -- I do not believe that there is a way to put a single box around everything on the page -- the title, the text and the proc report table. Unless, somehow you generated the report, titles, descriptive text and cross-tab with PROC REPORT -- using a combination of LINE statements. Or, using ODS LAYOUT with ODS PDF to control the box.

If there is a style template method that would give a box, it would probably only put a box around the title, a separate box around your descriptive text and then the FRAME around your PROC REPORT table. But I sense that you would NOT want 3 boxes. So working with Tech Support will be your best resource. If there is another method or an ODS LAYOUT method that would allow you to have a box around the whole report, titles and all, they would be able to help you figure out how to do it.

To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

ps...any controls that you put in the PROC REPORT syntax (such as FRAME=BOX will only have an impact on the PROC REPORT table itself -- NOT on the SAS titles, and not on your extra descriptive text.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Also, please explain what you mean by WHOLE REPORT PAGE??/ That could be interpreted as the whole page, including the title and the report table that proc report builds....

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation