BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Alexsander
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

We have report, having column header with back ground color as blue and foreground color as white.

Now we have add a URL / link to each colulmn's header, by default the link show blue colour.

since background color and link color are in blue. the link text dont visible nice.

I would like to know,is the way to change the URL / link color?

I am using the below syntax now:

Define Variable /"Variable 1"   style(header)={flyover="click for more" url="www.sas.com" ;

Thank you for your time in advance,.

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Kurt was right when he said that the browser determines the link color. The fact is that for HTML and ONLY for HTML -- so this is ONLY going to apply to HTML, not RTF, not PDF-- there are style template attributes for LINKCOLOR and VISITEDLINKCOLOR that you can change. But in my experience, the browser has to support the change and most of the time, I find that one or both of these attrbutes is ignored by the browser. For example, if I change LINKCOLOR to yellow, I may see it one time as yellow, but the the very first time I click, the browser will change the color to the "visited link" color of a sort of purple (in my browser) and since my Internet cache remembers the visited link. The next time I bring up the page, the link is still the visited color. I have not had a lot of success having the LINKCOLOR persist unless I clear my temporary Internet Cache and cookies before I load the page. I have NEVER found the VISITEDLINKCOLOR to be reliable in changing. However, see this Tech Support note: http://support.sas.com/kb/23/431.html

And if you need more help with the style template, then you might want to open a track with Tech Support. In my mind, making the background a lighter shade of the same blue as you have now might allow for more contrast.

cynthia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The color of links is determined by the user agent (browser) according to the user's settings.

It is considered bad practice to override that, as it may/will cause confusion for the user regarding visited/not visited links.

I'd rather change the report colours in your situation to a more unobtrusive background colour.

Also keep in mind that too much use of colours will make web content hard to view.

Less is usually more here.

Just consider the main area of this website (SAS communities) and the sparing use of colours.

Alexsander
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Kurt Bremser,

Thank you for suggestion, you points are correct.  But our users are used with backgorund color as blue and foreground color as white. It would be great if i get a solution to change the foreground color for the links.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Alex

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Kurt was right when he said that the browser determines the link color. The fact is that for HTML and ONLY for HTML -- so this is ONLY going to apply to HTML, not RTF, not PDF-- there are style template attributes for LINKCOLOR and VISITEDLINKCOLOR that you can change. But in my experience, the browser has to support the change and most of the time, I find that one or both of these attrbutes is ignored by the browser. For example, if I change LINKCOLOR to yellow, I may see it one time as yellow, but the the very first time I click, the browser will change the color to the "visited link" color of a sort of purple (in my browser) and since my Internet cache remembers the visited link. The next time I bring up the page, the link is still the visited color. I have not had a lot of success having the LINKCOLOR persist unless I clear my temporary Internet Cache and cookies before I load the page. I have NEVER found the VISITEDLINKCOLOR to be reliable in changing. However, see this Tech Support note: http://support.sas.com/kb/23/431.html

And if you need more help with the style template, then you might want to open a track with Tech Support. In my mind, making the background a lighter shade of the same blue as you have now might allow for more contrast.

cynthia
Alexsander
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Cynthia, Your suggestion solved my issue.

Regards,

Alex

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation