BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have a SAS program that produces a summary report that calculates the average
days it takes for investigators to complete their investigation. This report is
grouped by Investigator name and the investigator name is a hyperlink that should
drill down to the details of that summary record for that investigator. Right now I am branching to a different part(ods html body=invdrilldown.html) of the same SAS program when the hyperlink is clicked to produce the detail report. The problem I'm running into is when I click on the hyperlink(investigator name) on the summary report it tells me that html file for the detail report is not found (invdrilldown.html is not found). I have pasted parts of my program below.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

data InvLink;
set Investnm;
fmtname = "Invnmhr";
type = "C";
start = Investigator_Name;
label = ""||trim(Investigator_Name)||"";
keep start label fmtname type;
run;

ods html body=sock (no_top_matter no_bottom_matter);
proc report data=temp ls=132 ps=40 nowd
column ('QA Report - Avarage Days To Complete Investigation' Investigator_Name Disease N No_of_days_toAddObs No_Of_Days_ToStartInv No_Of_Days_ToCompInv No_of_days_toComplPros);
define Investigator_Name/ format=$Invnmhr. group 'Investigator Name' ; define Disease / group 'Disease' ;
break after Investigator_Name / suppress page summarize style=[background=yellow font_weight=bold];
run;

ods html body=invdrilldown.html
proc report data=temp ls=132 ps=40 nowd
/*where Investigator_Name = Investigator_Name;*/
column ('QA Report - Avarage Days To Complete Investigation'Investigator_Name Disease N OBS_ID
Lab_Created_By Resulted_Test Dt_Recv_By_PH Lab_Create_Dt CAS_ID Patient_Name DtOB
Case_stat Jurisdiction MMWR_WEEK MMWR_YEAR Inv_Create_Dt NotificationDt No_of_days_toAddObs No_Of_Days_ToStartInv
No_Of_Days_ToCompInv No_of_days_toComplPros);
define Investigator_Name/ group 'Investigator Name' ;
define Disease / group 'Disease' ;

Thank You Message was edited by: ALSAS
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
For clarification, the SAS program is generating two sets of HTML, one document provides a hyperlink to another HTML document.

You should be able to view your HTML source code, or right-click on the hyperlink and view PROPERTIES to see if it is properly named and formatted.

Also, I see a missing semi-colon after your second ODS HTML statement, possibly.

Suggest you investigate that your primary HTML document has correctly formatted hyperlinks, and also review your output directory/file information to ensure that both PROC REPORT executions are generating what you expect them to generate.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. Yes, you are right the pgm is generating 2 html files and the first one links to the second.
We are currently using a COTS product that enables us to create SAS pgms for adhoc reporting. This system does not allow us to use the SAS/Intrnet features,
so this was the only way I could do it. We do have to place the program in a particular folder in the system for the SAS program to be invoked. So when I
right click on the properties for the hyperlink on the first ods html page it points to
a default web page like https://xxx/yyy/invdrilldown.html. It seems like it looks for
the second html file in the default web page. I tried using the path option in the second ods html statement specifying the default path but that did not work either.

The accidently deleted the semicolon while I was pasting the code.

And also, I have run the two ods html parts seperately and they seem to work fine.

Thanks again,
Sahitya

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation