BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi.
I used proc report to print an output of 35 rows in an RTF file.
In the RTF file, the o/p is divided along 2 pages.

I want the printer to print my entire output in one page which is not happening.

My proc report code is as follows:

proc report data= FIN1 missing out=tem1;
column
('District Marathi Name' geo_district_name_mrth)
('General' general)
('S.C.P' scp)
('T.S.P' tsp)
('O.T.S.P' otsp)
('TOTAL' total)
('Name of the District' geo_district_name);
define geo_district_name_mrth/ group '' style={font_face='DVB-TTYogesh'};
define general/sum '';
define scp/sum '';
define tsp/sum '';
define otsp/sum '';
define total/sum '';
define geo_district_name / '' group ;
title1 'ANNUAL PLAN 2008-2009';

compute geo_district_name;
if _break_='_RBREAK_' then
call define ('geo_district_name','style', 'style=[pretext="Total"]');
endcomp;
rbreak after / summarize ;

compute before _page_;
line @1 "Head of Development :&sector_name" @130 " ";
line @1 "Sub-Head of Development :&subsector_name" @140 "Rs. in Lakhs";
endcomp;
run;

Please help.
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm confused. Is this your scenario:
1) you make an output file with ODS RTF
2) when you open the output file with Microsoft Word, or some other Word processor you see that the output file information goes across 2 pages
3) when you print the file (from inside the Word Processor, you choose
File ----> Print you do NOT get 1 page to print???

There are 2 possibilities with what you mean by "divided along 2 pages" -- you have a very wide report and the output is coming out in the default PORTRAIT orientation -- and you get 35 rows for the first 4 columns on 1 page and then 35 rows for the next 4 or 5 columns on page 2.

Or, you have a file that's too LONG for Word and you mean that the first 17 or 18 rows appear on page 1 and the next 17 or 18 rows appear on page 2.

If you are viewing your RTF file with Microsoft Word, there is no "shrink to fit" when you print the RTF file using Word. If the problem is that the output file is "too wide" your choices are to change the orientation to LANDSCAPE or change the font_size or cell padding in order to fit more characters on a line.

If you are saying the the output file is "too long", then your choices are to make the font_smaller and to reduce the cell padding in order to make the output "fit". Or, the other thing you can consider is to move to creating an HTML file which can be as wide or as long as you need it to be.

If you search the forum for the string "very wide reports", you should find some programs that show how to tweak the output so you can get more on one page. If none of these descriptions is what you mean to describe, then perhaps your best bet for help is to work with SAS Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation