BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RobbA
Calcite | Level 5
I am using proc report in SAS 9.2 with ODS RTF. When I use the "break after pge/ page" (pge being a dataset variable) Word puts the second page into a new Section. This is causing problems when we link this report with others (using Word) into a complete documet. The version of Word we are using is Word 2002. I get the same result when I use the By option on the Proc Report. When I try to use the tagsets.rtf, it seems to be doing the same thing, putting the second page into a section by itself. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I don't think there's anything you can do with the original ODS RTF, but for ODS TAGSETS.RTF, there is a SECT= suboption that you can use to control whether a new section starts or not. The doc='Help' suboption will list all the available suboptions in the SAS log.

cynthia
[pre]
ods listing close;

data class;
set sashelp.class;
if sex = 'F' then pge=1;
else if sex='M' then pge=2;
run;

proc sort data=class out=class;
by pge;
run;

ods tagsets.rtf file='c:\temp\nosect.rtf'
options(doc='Help' sect='NONE');

proc report data=class nowd;
column pge name sex age height;
define pge / group;
define name / order;
break after pge / page;
run;

ods _all_ close;
[/pre]
RobbA
Calcite | Level 5
Cynthia,
Thanks much for your reply!!! This worked part way. It took the section problem away, but is now splitting my pages in half. This is something I've run into before, and have yet to find an answer for. Do you know how I can get tagsets=rtf to break when I want. It currently (with my break option) breaking when it wants and when I want. It seems to want to have a page break after about 20 lines. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks again for your help!! Robb
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Perhaps there's something wrong with your data (PGE is getting set incorrectly?) or perhaps there's something else going on with the data. To debug what's happening with TAGSETS.RTF, in this situation, your best bet is to open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation