BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BigPete
Obsidian | Level 7

At least a general question but is it possible to stretch or condense letter spacing especially when using TITLE statements with ODS PDF or PROC REPORT?

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User
You could try different FONT , or calling @Cynthia_sas
ballardw
Super User

Perhaps you can show an example of Normal title text and then examples of stretched or condensed, possibly in screen capture or word processing document example. There are some fonts that have "condensed" versions but I can't tell from your description whether that is what you want.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Stretch or condense text is desired, without providing the slightest bit of context about why you would want to do that. Why do you want to do that? Because different contexts will have different solutions, and the best solution (perhaps even the only solution) depends on knowing the context.

In some situations, instead of condensing the text that won't otherwise fit, you simply need to provide more space for the text. For example:

ods graphics/height=6in width=10in;

A relatively simple solution. Context is needed for your request. 

--
Paige Miller
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
SAS can only specify fonts that are available to Word for use. When I look at my font list in Word I only see Condensed versions of fonts, I don't see Expanded versions of fonts. And, many of the Condensed fonts needed to be downloaded before they could be used. I also notice that the advanced font specification window in Word allows you to specify the spacing in points when you use the Expanded option. I do not know of any way to do this in a regular font specification for ODS.
However, I did find the Rockwell and Rockwell Condensed fonts in my Word, that I could run a test with. I don't thing Condensed is much Condensed from Regular, but for the "expanded" look, the best I could manage was padding my title with spaces by hitting the space bar between each letter:

Cynthia_sas_0-1670269053403.png

Of course, your mileage may vary, depending on what fonts you have available on your system. But if you need to do this type of expansion, with the same capability to specify the pt size for the expansion, I don't think it's possible with ODS. This may be a question for Tech Support.

Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation