BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all,
I'm working on creating a large pdf. I need page numbers on all pages. I am able to see page number using the option number on pages which are generated using the style template. Pages that are generated using Proc Gchart have no page numbers. I am using device=sasprtc in my Goptions if that matters. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You may want to check with Tech Support and see whether this is a known issue and what the workaround might be. However, I can create a PDF file using ODS and SAS 9.1.3 and the output file -does- have page numbers using either the ACTXIMG driver or the JAVAIMG driver, following the model syntax below.

cynthia

[pre]
ods listing close;
options nodate number orientation=landscape;

ods pdf file='c:\temp\pg_ax.pdf' ;
goptions reset=all border device=actximg;

** SAS report code;
** SAS/Graph code;
** more report code;
** more graph code;

ods pdf close;
ods listing;

[/pre]
deleted_user
Not applicable
Cynthia,
Thanks for taking a look at it. My code is pretty much identical except the device. I will contact tech support. Would it be possible to get the page numbers using ods document? I'm going to need to use that anyway to format my bookmarks. Thanks again.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
That's another good question for Tech Support (whether you'll get page numbers with ODS DOCUMENT). You may want to read the ODS DOCUMENT info
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsdocument/ref.html and
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/59523/HTML/default/a002291458.htm

It may be easier all around for you to use actximg or javaimg drivers, at least, in SAS 9.1 because the 9.1 info says that:
If one of the following GOPTIONS DEVICE values
JAVA
JAVAIMG
ACTIVEX
ACTXIMG
is in effect when a graph created by a SAS/GRAPH procedure is stored in an ODS document, the graph's data and template will be stored. Instead of containing a reference to an external GRSEG, the persisted output object will be a fully self-describing internal graph that subsequently can be replayed to HTML, RTF, PDF, etc.

Since I did get page numbers with both the javaimg and actximg drivers -- it may be that if you switched to javaimg or actximg with ODS DOCUMENT, that you'd be OK (depending on what version of SAS you're running).

I did observe your same behavior in SAS 9.1.3, when I used the SASPRTC driver -- that there were no page numbers in the PDF pages with the graphical output. I don't know whether that behavior is the same in SAS 9.2 or not. And, with the use of the ODS GRAPHICS FRAMEWORK in SAS 9.2, I believe that your graph information is stored in a GRSEG entry in 9.2. That's yet another reason to contact Tech Support because you want to use code and drivers that work for your current level of SAS.

Whenever I use ODS HTML, RTF or PDF, I always use ACTXIMG or JAVAIMG drivers to create my graphical output. I find that the graphics look better in SAS 9.1.3 and I have fewer GOPTIONS to worry about since the SAS style template controls fonts and colors which means that my graph colors are compatible with my report colors.

Good luck!
cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation