BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
woshibug
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I have a pdf and it's version is 1.3.I consider it is a little low so I need a sas code to update the version to maybe 1.5 or 1.7.I save a sas code long time age and remember it could achieve it but I can't find the code now. Thx a lot.

woshibug_0-1650783833653.png

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS provides tools for creating PDF files, but not for reading or editing.

A Google search will show a plethora of PDF-oriented utility programs.

woshibug
Fluorite | Level 6
I test a sas code and it can do this. It can update version of a existed PDF and doesn't change anything else but I miss the code.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Why would you want to change the version number stored in a PDF file?
What possible value would you get from doing that?

woshibug
Fluorite | Level 6
Because I use a tool to get combined pdf but version is 1.3 which is not suitable for sponsor's App,their app need 1.5 or above.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@woshibug wrote:
Because I use a tool to get combined pdf but version is 1.3 which is not suitable for sponsor's App,their app need 1.5 or above.

And how would changing the labeled type without actually re-creating the PDF file help with that?

It does seem strange however that the APP cannot use the older PDF files as input.  They should be forward compatible.  There should not be anything in a 1.3 version file that cannot also appear in a 1.5 version file.  Are you sure something else isn't going on?  What does the APP do?  Perhaps it is expecting the PDF file to only have text and the one you are trying to use instead has scanned page so the text is not available, just the picture of the page.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation