BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
v9dduhan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

Again i am hit with one strange error.

I am creating a report using sas stored procedure to get the ouput in excel spreadsheet from running this stored procedure from web application. while i have used same code which i have used in previous reports and those are giving result absolutely fine.

I am using below code:

data _null_;

rc = stpsrv_header('Content-disposition','attachment; filename=test.xls');

rc = stpsrv_header('Content-disposition',"inline");

run;

OPTIONS NOBYLINE MISSING=' ';

/*ods tagsets.ExcelXP options(*/

%let _ODSDEST=TAGSETS.EXCELXP options(

EMBED_TITLES_ONCE = 'YES'

EMBEDDED_TITLES='YES'

/*EMBEDDED_FOOTNOTES='YES' */

sheet_name='Current Data'

/*autofilter='ALL' */

/*frozen_headers='3' */

/*frozen_rowheaders='NO' */

ABSOLUTE_COLUMN_WIDTH='13,10,11,12,10,12,12,12,12,12,11,11,11,16,16,16,10,10,10,10,10,10,10'

/*ZOOM='80' */

/*WRAPTEXT='YES' */

BLACKANDWHITE='YES'

);

%let _ODSSTYLE=seaside;

Then MACRO Code to run report.

I am getting below error rather than getting output in excel file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?>
- <!--
 Generated by the SAS Excelxp Tagset .v1.131, 04/23/2015 
  -->
- <Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
- <DocumentProperties xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office">
  <Author>sassrv</Author>
  <LastAuthor>sassrv</LastAuthor>
  <Created>2017-09-28T08:16:45</Created>
  <LastSaved>2017-09-28T08:16:45</LastSaved>
  <Company>SAS Institute Inc. http://www.sas.com</Company>
  <Version>9.04.01M4P11092016</Version>
  </DocumentProperties>
- <Styles>
- <Style ss:ID="_body">

Can anyone suggest what should i do to get rid of this and get output in excel spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance !!
1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What you get is Excel-compatible XML. Saving that as a .xml file and opening with Excel should work.

Do not name output created with tagsets.excelxp with a .xls extension, as you are not creating an Excel file, but XML text. It's just that the XML contains Excel-compatible data.

You also can't have both content-dispositions (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Disposition). The second overrides the first and directs your browser to display the XML text inline, which it dutifully does. If you only have "attachment" (and use the CORRECT extension .xml!!), the browser will then prompt you for storing or opening the file.

Alternatively, consider using another means of transfer to Excel, like proc export with the xlsx engine.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation