BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ewgrashorn
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS Community,

I am using SAS 9.4 and I (accidentially) closed ODS LISTING by doing "ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;" and now I can't get my output back.  I have done "ODS LISTING;" and it doesn't fix it; all proc statements run but nothing shows up in the results pane and nothing appears in the output window.  When I do "ods listing show;" I get this output:

2307  ods listing show;
Current LISTING select list is set to default value (ALL).
Current OVERALL select list is: NONE

Can anyone else help me?

Thanks,
Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Did you accidently use ODS NORESULTS? Or ODS exclude?

Does the following change anything?

ODS RESULTS;
ODS SELECT ALL;
ODS LISTING;
Proc Means data=sashelp.class;run;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

Default with 9.4 is HTML not Listing.

You may need to provide a PATH to work with that if setting with code

ODS HTML <path>;

where path points to a location you can write to.

Or go to the menu Tool>Options>Preferences>Results and see if the HTML box is checked, if not check it.

And I HATE all the examples floating around with the _ALL_ Close.

Reeza
Super User

Just a thought, do you have the results window open? You should only need:

ods listing;

The default in 9.4 is HTML though, which would be:

ods html;

ewgrashorn
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry, I should have clarified that in this session I set my preferences to revert back to the SAS 9.2 way of display (under Tools/Preferences uncheck "Create HTML", uncheck "Use ODS Graphics" and check "Create Listing".  The only reason I was mucking about with all of this is I was trying to get all output to always show up in the Output window (instead of sometimes showing up in the Results Viewer.)  I must have screwed things up beyond where I can fix them.  One note is that nothing shows up in the Results Window (not Results Viewer, but the Results Window or Panel or whatever it is called) whenever I run a proc.  The log indicates that the proc has run, but like I said, no output shows up.

Reeza
Super User

Did you accidently use ODS NORESULTS? Or ODS exclude?

Does the following change anything?

ODS RESULTS;
ODS SELECT ALL;
ODS LISTING;
Proc Means data=sashelp.class;run;

ewgrashorn
Obsidian | Level 7

I must have done ODS NORESULTS somehow.  ODS RESULTS fixed it.  I don't know why I couldn't find this solution elsewhere. Thanks so much for the solution, Reeza!

Reeza
Super User

One of the answers I know, because I've done it Smiley Tongue

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation