BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
In the SAS Procedures forum, Peter.C asked for information about the markup accepted by these forums.

I don't have any insider knowledge of the software driving these forums, and I've not been able to track down any official documentation for the markup it supports, but here are a few things I've been able to figure out just by trying other versions of wiki-style markup.

First, for the LT and GT symbols, use the HTML character entities &lt; for < and &gt; for >.

It doesn't come up very often, but you can use &amp; for &.

To make text bold surround it with [b] and [/b]. For example [b]bold[/b]
To make text italic surround it with [i] and [/i]. For example [i]italic[/i]
To underscore text surround it with [u] and [/u]. For example [u]underscore[/u]

Surround code snippets with [pre] and [/pre] This changes to a typewriter font and retains spaces and line breaks. So

[pre]
proc print data=sashelp.class;
   run;
[/pre]

becomes
[pre]
proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;
[/pre]

And finally, if you want to suppress the automatic conversion of the tags (like I've done for these examples), use &#91; for [ and &#93; for ]. Message was edited by: Tim@SAS
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
Quote:

In the SAS Procedures forum, Peter.C asked for information about the markup accepted by these forums.

I find one can do pretty much anything using CSS styles.
The above is done using:

<span style="font-size:9pt; font-family:Comic Sans MS;color:white; background:#777; border:5px groove #ddd;padding:10px">

In the SAS Procedures forum, Peter.C asked for information about the
  <span style="color:red;text-decoration:overline underline">
  markup
  </span>
accepted by these forums.
</span>
gzr2mz39
Quartz | Level 8
What are the html character entities for single and double quotes?
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
Apostrophe: &#39;
Quote: &quot;
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
[url=http://www.sas.com]SAS Institute Inc.[/url] becomes SAS Institute Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation