BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LawrenceHW
Quartz | Level 8
Hi all,

I've come across something puzzling when using ODS RTF in conjunction with SAS/Graph. I have specified a font to use within my GOPTIONS in conjunction with a PROC GPLOT with a BY statement. Code below:

FILENAME rtf "&rtf.";
ODS LISTING CLOSE;
ODS RTF FILE=rtf STYLE=RTF STARTPAGE=YES;

GOPTIONS DEVICE=PNG TARGETDEVICE=PNG
XMAX=8in XPIXELS=2400 YMAX=6in YPIXELS=1800
HSIZE=8in VSIZE=6in
FTEXT="Arial" FTITLE="Arial" HTEXT=11pt HBY=0 HTITLE=11pt;

OPTIONS PAPERSIZE=A4 ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE;

AXIS1 LABEL=(A=90);
TITLE3 "#BYVAL(lbtest) (#BYVAL(lbstresu))";

PROC GPLOT DATA=lab_screen;
WHERE PctChange IS NOT MISSING;
BY lbtestcd lbtest lbstresu;
PLOT PctChange * StudyDay = siteid / VAXIS=AXIS1;
RUN; QUIT;
TITLE3;

ODS RTF CLOSE;
ODS LISTING;

In my output file I am finding that the first 7 images are in Arial font but the remaining images (26) have reverted to the default font (simplex) in the graphic. There are no messgaes in the LOG regarding font issues within GPLOT.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I suspect this may be something I have to consult with the SAS technical helpdesk but I thought I'd try this forum first ...
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This appears to be a known problem:
http://support.sas.com/kb/8/846.html

You might try the suggestions in the note above and/or contact Tech Support for more help if the suggestions in the Tech Support note don't work for you.

(You might also try switching to another device driver that's compatible with RTF, like ACTXIMG instead of PNG, and see whether you still have the issue.)

cynthia
LawrenceHW
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the information. Still slightly puzzled why it happens. But it does ... I'll try the ACTXIMG device driver (or something similar) and see if I can get the program works.

Cheers,
Lawrence

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation