BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am not sure if this topic has already been discussed, but I am trying to produce an RTF using ODS and PROC REPORT and I am having some problems getting the output to look like I need it to.

Specifically, I want to have a bold line between the title and the row headers, as well as between the table and the footnotes. I tried using RULES=GROUPS, however, this does not give me what I need if the table spans more than 1 page. Only the last page will display a line before the footnote.

Also, I need the footnotes to appear on every page, and since I am using BODYTITLE, it only appears on the last page.

Any suggestions on how to get around these issues?

Thanks in advance!!
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
BODYTITLE is working as designed. You can either get the title and footnotes in the header and footer area of the word processor OR you get the TITLE at the top of the table (generally on page 1) and the FOOTNOTE at the end of the table (on page ???) -- by using BODYTITLE.

This may change for SAS 9.2, but for now, this is the way that BODYTITLE works.

So you may have to work with Tech Support to decide whether you want BODYTITLE or not. You can put lines into your RTF file by using RTF control strings as shown in the code at these postings (using BRDRT control string).
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2830଎
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2531ৣ

Another thought is to try the JOURNAL style and see if you like the way that the output looks. When questions like this come up in class, I find that JOURNAL comes closest to the look that most of my students want when they describe this kind of report.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Cynthia,
Thanks for your response! I just tried journal, and it does look very close to what I need. Is there any way to make the "RULES" lines that appear before and after the table thicker, or at least in bold?

Thanks again!
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, Phil:
You could experiment with Borderwidth -- which in my Word works for the top and bottom lines:
[pre]
ods rtf file='c:\temp\tryjour.rtf' style=journal;
proc report data=sashelp.class nowd
style(report)={borderwidth=10};
run;
ods _all_ close;
[/pre]

I show it here with a STYLE= statement level override. I think 10 is a bit too big and too bold, but you get the idea.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Cynthia,
Thank you so much!!! BORDERWIDTH is exactly what I needed, and it worked beautifully. Thanks again for all of your help!

-Phil

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation