BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jth128
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered a situation where Word 2010 is rendering an RTF file created using ODS RTF using Word 97 settings and is messing up alignment of statistics in table cells? Changing the rendering options to Word 2010 makes things appear as they should but this is a manual step that needs repeating on a file by file basis and cannot be set globally. Has anyone any suggestions? My thoughts are leading me towards the setting of cell alignment and coumn widths but I would appreciate it if anyone had anything better.

Thanks in advance,

John

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Could you clarify what you mean by "Word 2010 is rendering an RTF file created using ODS RTF using Word 97 settings", is this something you are doing in Word?

One thing that came up when we moved over to SAS9.3 was that the template language had changed slightly, padding became cellpadding or vice-versa which messed up our outputs.

Maybe you could post an example, just simple rtf output and state the steps which is causing your issue.

Reeza
Super User

Can you post a sample and example?

Which style template are you using, your own or one out of the box?

ballardw
Super User

Yes. I had a series of reports prepared with SAS 9.2.3 using ODS RTF output that looked fine with Word 2003. When we "upgraded" to Office 2010 those reports had font, alignment and graphs had many scale issues.

Now I immediately turn all RTF into DOCX format hoping that won't happen again, But as far as the old reports go the only option I see would be to re-run the code that generated them in the new system. My clients haven't been concerned for the issues but if needed that's what I would do.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation