BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Wanted to check with you , is there any way we can make the PDF pages continous by using the ODS PDF.Acrobat Reader have option where you can change the view to "continous pages".

If this is doable using ODS PDF could you please share the approach.

TIA,

Amit
7 REPLIES 7
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
Generally, speaking, ODS does not send much "viewer" information to a file that it creates. ODS prepares a file for a particular viewer or rendering software (such as Acrobat Reader or GhostView) -- but ODS does not exert control over the viewer windows once the file has been created. The information it sends to the file is either content-based or for some destinations, document property based.

In the case of PDF, there are only a few ways to touch the document properties (AUTHOR=, TITLE=, SUBJECT=, KEYWORDS=). In addition, you can use SAS options related to the printer to touch the some of the physical page properties(TOPMARGIN=, LEFTMARGIN=, etc). Then, other ODS options create bookmarks (BOOKMARKGEN=) and tell how those bookmarks should be displayed when the file is opened (BOOKMARKLIST=).

When I go to Acrobat Reader, I can select the click path View --> Page Layout --> Continuous from my toolbar. This appears to be a global setting. The next time I open a PDF file with Acrobat my page layout setting seems to be remembered (whether the file was created with ODS or not). If I select the path View --> Page Layout --> Facing then that new setting is used the next time Acrobat opens a PDF file.

I do not think you can touch this Acrobat menu choice with ODS. I do not know whether this is something that is controllable by ODS at all. Perhaps one of the R&D or Tech Support folks can chime in with a definitive YES or NO.
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Cynthia !

Can you get with R&D team on my query or is there any way i can get in touch with them ?

Thanks,
Amit
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Amit:
I know that many R&D and Tech Support folks do read the forum postings and they may happen upon this question and post a reply. The absolutely best way to get a definitive answer is to contact Tech Support, because they have people on duty with expertise in every topic and when they don't know the answer, they can directly contact the folks in R&D.

To find out how to contact Tech Support, go to this site:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/index.html

cynthia
ScottH_SAS
SAS Employee
In SAS 9.2 there will some global options that allow you to set the preferred layout of a PDF document. Of course once you open the file and change the setting that new setting will be saved.
Message was edited by: ScottH@SAS at Aug 4, 2006 2:53 PM
deleted_user
Not applicable
Scott,

Could you please share the information on how we can set the PDF layout options in SAS 9.2

Thanks,
Amit
ScottH_SAS
SAS Employee
In SAS 9.2 there will be some more global options available to users.

The first one ... PDFPAGELAYOUT will accept these values:

DEFAULT - Uses the current Reader setting for page layout.
SINGLEPAGE - Displays one page at a time.
CONTINUOUS - Displays pages in one column.
CONTINUOUSFACING - Displays pages in two columns

The following option requires Acrobat 6.0 and above.
FACING - Displays pages two at a time.

Another new option will be ... PDFPAGEVIEW will accept these values:

DEFAULT - Uses the current Reader page view setting.
ACTUAL - View zoom set to100%.
FITPAGE - Uses the full extent of the viewing window maintaining the aspect ratio.
FITWIDTH - Uses the full width of the page. Height is not scaled to fit the page.
FULLSCREEN - Uses the full screen, disables Table of Contents, Thumbnails, etc.

As I said earlier....these will be set upon the first opening of the PDF file. Once someone has opened the file and changed the settings, those new settings will be saved with the file on close.

Hope this makes sense.

Scott
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks a lot !!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation