BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bill_N
Calcite | Level 5

When I run a PROC REPORT in ODS tagsets.ExcelXP using aTitle statements, the Row Height of a Title statement that contains a date will get quite large.  Here is my code:

When the file is opened in Excel, the row height that has the Title3 statement is 198.  How do I get this row to a more reasonable height?  Note: If I remove the dates, the row height becomes normal.  The dates can seemingly be in any format (mm/dd/yyyy, ddmmmyyyy, January 1, 2001).

Help!!

ODS tagsets.ExcelXP PATH=&g_ODS_Path  FILE=&g_ODS_File STYLE=sasweb

OPTIONS(frozen_headers        = '6'

autofit_height        = 'yes'

absolute_column_width = '35,21,8,14,14,14,14,14,14'

center_horizontal     = 'yes'

merge_titles_footnotes= 'yes'

orientation           = 'landscape'

print_header_margin   = '.0'

print_footer_margin   = '.0'

left_margin           = '.5'

right_margin          = '.5'

sheet_interval        = 'none'

sheet_name            = "YTD &g_Year"

embedded_footnotes    = 'no'

embedded_titles       = 'Yes');

TITLE1;

TITLE2 JUSTIFY=center ITALIC COLOR=gray FONT=Arial HEIGHT=12pt 'LSS Balancing Report';

TITLE3 JUSTIFY=center ITALIC COLOR=gray FONT=Arial HEIGHT=8pt "Activity Period: 1/1/2011 - 1/31/2011              Run Date: 8/2/2011 ";

TITLE4 JUSTIFY=center ITALIC COLOR=gray FONT=Arial HEIGHT=6pt "Entered By: ALL - Entity: 8.ALL - HCP ID: 3. ALL_SYS - Report Type: 2. All_Consolidated - System Type: 3. ALL - Program Name: LSS_Balancing_Report.sas";

PROC report DATA=SummaryReport&g_Counter SPLIT='_' NOWD;
      COLUMN cat1 cat2 row_group_hdg GroupType Count Pmt_Posted  Net_Cash_Fees  Invoice_Generating_Fees  NSF_Fees  Adjustment_Entry_Fees  Net_Transaction_Amount;
      DEFINE cat1 / order noprint;
      DEFINE cat2 / order noprint;
      DEFINE row_group_hdg           / STYLE(column)=[FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1] 'Type';
      DEFINE GroupType               / STYLE(column)=[FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1] 'Pmt_Type';
      DEFINE Count                   / STYLE(column)={FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1 tagattr='format:###,###,##0'}     'Count';
      DEFINE Pmt_Posted              / STYLE(column)={FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1 tagattr='format:$###,###,##0.00'} 'Pmt Posted';
      DEFINE Net_Cash_Fees           / STYLE(column)={FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1 tagattr='format:$###,###,##0.00'} 'Net Cash Fees';
      DEFINE Invoice_Generating_Fees / STYLE(column)={FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1 tagattr='format:$###,###,##0.00'} 'Invoice Generating Fees';
      DEFINE NSF_Fees                / STYLE(column)={FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1 tagattr='format:$###,###,##0.00'} 'NSF Fees';
      DEFINE Adjustment_Entry_Fees   / STYLE(column)={FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1 tagattr='format:$###,###,##0.00'} 'Adjustment Entry Fees';
      DEFINE Net_Transaction_Amount  / STYLE(column)={FONT_FACE=Arial FONT_SIZE=1 tagattr='format:$###,###,##0.00'} 'Net Transaction Amount';
      BREAK after cat2 / STYLE=[BACKGROUND=BLUE FOREGROUND=WHITE FONT_WEIGHT=BOLD FONT_SIZE=1] SUMMARIZE;
   run;

ODS _all_ CLOSE;

8 REPLIES 8
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

There is a ROW_HEIGHTS suboption that allows you to specifically provide a row height for the title. If you use doc='Help' as a suboption, you will be able to see the current list of suboptions.

However, when I run a version of your code (same title statements and suboptions, different data), I do not observe what you describe (see screen shot -- my row height for TITLE3 is set at 18, not 198) -- perhaps it would be better to open a track with Tech Support on this issue.

cynthia

row_height_xp.jpg
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7

Cynthia

I agree with the sender that   something is not working  (under excel2010 from sas 9.2.3  latest tagset )

with the same code -title and options- with a proc print    see result image

and it is coming from any content that approach from a date  even if you withdraw : or

put spaces between  / or -  in the text of the title3

Andre 

2011-08-04_153531.jpg

Andre
Obsidian | Level 7

follow up

and changing

Row_Heights           = '0,0,0,10,0,0,0'

autofit_height        = 'no

changes nothing'

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I was running the same version of SAS (9.2.3) and Excel 2010. That's why I recommended opening a track with Tech Support. They can determine whether it is a SAS issue or not and if the tagset template needs to change, they can work with the developers to get a fix started.

cynthia

Bill_N
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the replies.  Based on Cynthia's original reply, I have opened a Track with Tech Support.

FWIW: We have SAS 9.2 M3 installed on a Windows 2008 x64 server.  We currently run Office 2003.

I have been playing with the ROW_HEIGHT option along with AUTOFIT_HEIGHT on/off.  There doesn't seem to be any combination that will give me good row heights.

Andre, I'm glad (sort of) that you also got the same result as me.  At least I know it's not just me!!

Bill

jrvanzee
Calcite | Level 5

Cynthia--

Was this ever resolved?  I'm having the same issue.

Thanks.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I never experienced the issue -- see my screen shot in the post above. That's why I recommended opening a track with Tech Support. If you are having the same issue, then I recommend working with Tech Support. They can look at previous tracks and involve the developers, if this is an intermittent bug or related to a style template or ??? Also, they can write a Tech Support note, if warranted.

To send a question to Tech Support, go to http://support.sas.com/ and in the left-hand navigation pane, click on the link entitled "Submit a Problem". Alternately, you can go directly to the Tech Support Problem Form here:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

DavidMalerich
Calcite | Level 5

I had the same problem with the title row height issue, but it was resolved when I replaced the ExcelXP tagset with the latest version (v1.127, dated 9/26/11).

For the record, I'm running SAS v9.2 on SunOS and was using Excel 2007.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation