BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RichardAD
Obsidian | Level 7

In Excel you can format a cell's fill effect to be a gradient.  Can ODS EXCEL create the same?

RichardAD_0-1726678379774.png

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

My guess is that it would depend on what procedure you were using to create your output within the ODS EXCEL statements. For example, you can use gradient fills in SG procedure graphics so my guess is that you could send that SG procedure output to ODS EXCEL and that would work. However, I am having a hard time understanding how you would use a gradient fill in tabular output, such as with PROC REPORT, TABULATE or PRINT.

Do you have any concrete example of how your gradient fill looks in the Excel worksheet after you apply the gradient?

Cynthia

RichardAD
Obsidian | Level 7

I am creating total counts from different combinations of item counts.  An item can be in 1 or 2 different total sums, so I am trying to show which totals they contribute to via a color-coding scheme.

In this simple sample I am trying to use header colors to show how the Count_a,b,c,d,e components are used to compose the totals Count_X,Y,Z.  

RichardAD_1-1726685082393.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
HI:
Well, that is not what I thought you were doing with gradients. I find that extremely hard to read, especially with the colors in G and H blurring together. However, I think this is a question you'd need to ask of Tech Support. The only way I know to "touch" the Excel cells with things like Excel-specific number formats is with the TAGATTR style override. However, I don't understand how Excel defines the gradient for the cell or whether it would be possible in a TAGATTR.
Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation