BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Creates with proc report and ODS PDF a front page with a list of dataset names. Links are established from each dataset name to a page containing the content of each datasets created with proc report as well. In general this works fine, but not
if the dataset name has a prefixed zero somewhere in the string, like RECHBA01. The destination is created by ODS ANCHOR="RECHBA01".

In Adobe Professional the link is correct, but the destination is RECHBA1 and of course the link does not work. Have changed the link as well as the destination to contain a prefixed zero and this works. So it must be the ODS ANCHOR that passes wrong information about the destination.

Are there any fixes to that problem? The circumventions, to remove the 0 or alternatively changing the destination manually, does not solve the problem.

The Anchor error is found on Windows XP, SAS V9.1.3 Service Pack 4 and HP-UX, SAS V9.1.3, Service Pack 4.

BR
Ralph
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I am at SAS Global Forum right now and not on my machine. But I -do- have some memory of a Tech Support Note involving ANCHOR= and PDF.

For a quick response to this question, your best bet is to contact Tech Support.

cynthia
pareenakalaria
Calcite | Level 5
I have a similar problem. I use Proc report to create TOC that has URL link to table within same PDF document using anchor= option. I use Do loop from 1 to 150 to set an incremental anchor for table created thru proc report ran within that loop.

Anchor works perfectly fine and create Url within TOC for anchors 1 thru 9 but does not create URL for 10th and after. It starts working again starting at 91st anchor till 99th anchor.

After lot of research found a documentation on SAA that says not all anchor values are valid. I am trying to understand why would anchor work for 1 to 9 and again 91 thru 99 and not work for any other values.

Is there a way to fix this problem? Can you please help.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This thread is 15 (!!!) years old and should have been closed by the moderators.

Please post your question in a new topic of your own. Include your whole code, posted in a code box.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation