BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EdB
Calcite | Level 5 EdB
Calcite | Level 5
Hi
I've got a problem with getting a page break and I'm not sure what option / setting to use to get my output correct.

Background: I'm using sgrender to create many small charts based on statgraph templates. There are varying numbers of charts created per report - anywhere from 6 to 26 depending on the data.

I use ODS PDF and run a proc GSLIDE for a cover page and then replay the charts into a the PDF with columns=3, and they are sized to fit 3 per column so there are 9 per page.

When I create the PDF and close it after the last sgrender I get all charts in a single PDF and the last page usually contains less than 9 charts. I works fine but I have to combine the PDFs in Acrobat.

When I leave the pdf open and start another section of the report with a proc gslide, the pages with 9 charts are printed but the last page which only has 8 charts is not.

Below is an example of the structure and options I used.

ods document name= ...(write);
***code to create 26 small charts;
ods document close;

options orientation=landscape;
ODS GRAPHICS ON / reset height=8in width=10in ;
ods pdf file=.... notoc;
proc gslide; ... cover page for charts ... run; quit;

ODS GRAPHICS ON / reset height=3in width=3in ;
ods pdf file=.... notoc columns=3 startpage=no;
proc document name=...; replay; run; quit;

ODS GRAPHICS ON / reset ;
ods pdf notoc columns=1 startpage=now ;
proc gslide; ... cover page for next section ... run; quit;

ods _all_ close;

The last page of charts is overwritten with the GSLIDE, but when the PDF is closed following the proc document replay there are 3 pages of charts.

I've tried to control the paging with "OBPAGE / after" after the last chart, but no luck there.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks experts.
Ed
2 REPLIES 2
mftuchman
Quartz | Level 8
Did you also try controlling the pages with the usual obpage BEFORE as well?

OBPAGE path / delete;

I'm not saying this is the answer, but wondering what the outcome is if you try this as well.

I've found it helpful when dealing with ODS Documents to produce the document listing as well. This makes sure I have truly covered ALL the objects I need to cover.
David_SAS
SAS Employee
Ed,

If you continue to have trouble getting the desired output, I recommend contacting Technical Support. Click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum web page.

-- David Kelley, SAS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation