BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
joshspurgin
Calcite | Level 5

I have read through a lot of posts but haven't found a recent answer or discussion just yet. I am eager to make the jump to using ODS EXCEL instead of TAGSETS.EXCELXP. At the moment, the main thing preventing that is that I have a lot of programs that use the SKIP_SPACE option and I have yet to find an ODS EXCEL equivalent available. Is there something available to perform the same functionality with ODS EXCEL or is this still not available in ODS EXCEL in any way?

At the time of this article from February 2017, it was not a recognized function but I was hoping that might have changed in the last two years.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

FYI - I moved your question to the ODS forum, which is more appropriate. 

AFAIK, that hasn't been added, the documentation doesn't have it listed. 

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=odsug&docsetTarget=p09n5pw9ol0897n1qe04zeur27rv.htm&docsetVe...

I do believe that's controlled by the template style though, so you can look into modifying the style template. The hardest part is figuring out which part of the template you need to change. 

@joshspurgin wrote:

I have read through a lot of posts but haven't found a recent answer or discussion just yet. I am eager to make the jump to using ODS EXCEL instead of TAGSETS.EXCELXP. At the moment, the main thing preventing that is that I have a lot of programs that use the SKIP_SPACE option and I have yet to find an ODS EXCEL equivalent available. Is there something available to perform the same functionality with ODS EXCEL or is this still not available in ODS EXCEL in any way?

At the time of this article from February 2017, it was not a recognized function but I was hoping that might have changed in the last two years.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation