BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I wish to do something that (I think) should be quite simple, but is proving to be rediculously difficult to do.

I am using PROC REPORT and outputting to RTF using ODS (and am using SAS 9.1.3).
I have created by own style sheet using PROC TEMPLATE, but I need assistance with one part.

I want my output to have a solid single line separating the column headers from the values in the columns, and I want a doubleline at the base of the "table".

In my PROC TEMPLATE I am using:

style table from container /
frame = below
rules = none
borderbottomstyle = double

However this gives a double line under the column headers as well as at the base of the table.

Can somebody please give me guidance?
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
Well, you are correct on many counts. It should be easy and it is not. Things are better in 9.2, but that does not help. I also believe this is a defect for frame=below in RTF.

Here is some code to get that double line at the bottom of Proc Report. Control of borders on specific cells is not going to work in 9.1.

If you want to talk over the this code and what it is doing, please let me know.

Here is a test program:

ods path work.templat(update) sashelp.tmplmst(read);
ods escapechar ="*" ;

proc template;
define style test;
parent=styles.rtf;
style table from table /
frame=below rules=none borderbottomstyle="double"
;
end;
run;
ods rtf file="h.rtf" footerrulestyle="double" style=test ;

proc report data=sashelp.class; run ;

ods rtf close ;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation