BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi, is it possible put 'invisible' character elements in proc report?

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, ods escapechar tells SAS what character(s) to use to indicate an escape code, so you don't want ~w as the characters only the ~:

ods escapechar="~";

Note how I don't code all in uppercase.

Now I don;t know where your ~w is coming in, is it in the data, if so that change should work (and assuming w is a real code).  If not post some full code so can see.  Also, one option to remember on proc report is asis, which if you have spaces will show them, rather than trimming:

define var / style=(asis=on);

Ksharp
Super User
firstly, use
ods escapechar="~";

then  ~_  stands for a white blank .

DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you! I can review thoroughly a little bit later on, sorry for that.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, the ESCAPECHAR sequence of ESCAPECHAR+underscore is an older form of syntax that was first introduced in SAS 8.3 to insert a "non-breaking space" -- not necessarily the same as a "white space".

The newer syntax is
ESCAPECHAR+{NBSPACE 1}.

So if Escapechar is defined at ~, then instead of ~_ you would have
~{NBSPACE 1} as shown here: http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=odsug&docsetTarget=p11xia2ltavr8ln17srq8vn4rnqc.htm&docset...

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation