BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bart_Saviano
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, 

I have a question about new SAS 9.4 m2 feature ODS EXCEL. Probably it is a silly quesiton, I'm a beginner with ods.

I'm trying to use the 'index=' suboption wich creates a worksheet that contains an index of all worksheets appearing in the excel report.

ODS excel file="/home/excel_REPORT.xlsx"  options( dpi='300'
embedded_titles='on'
embedded_footnotes='yes'
sheet_interval="page"
index='on')

well, what I woud like to do is to add some enanchements to the index worksheet generated. For istance I would like to insert a title or change font settings for index items. 

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I think you will have to change the STYLE template to do this. What I don't know, and what you might want to ask of Tech Support, is whether there are style elements that you can change which will impact the ODS EXCEL destination.

cynthia
Bart_Saviano
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the answer. 

What I actually see is that no Excel style template (wich is the default template for ODS excel ) is in my sas release (SAS 9.4 m2). If i run the following code:

proc template;
source styles.excel;
run;

Here is the log:

9304 proc template;
9305 source styles.excel;
WARNING: Path 'Styles.Excel' does not exist!
9306 run;

As long as the Excel style should be in the inheritance for any applied style, it is impossible for me to modify it and apply a custom one. It sounds a bit wierd.

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

The default style for ODS EXCEL in 9.4M2 is HTMLBlue.

Bart_Saviano
Fluorite | Level 6

I'll try to create a new custmized style template starting from HTMLBlue. Thanks. 

I retrived that info, about defult excel style, from the paper attached (page2).

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

That tip sheet is accurate for ODS EXCEL in SAS 9.4M3, but not for 9.4M2.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation