BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
merrittsas
Calcite | Level 5
We are needing to include an external document (i.e. Excel, Word, etc) stored in the Web as part of our output from the Mainframe platform. We have been able to connect to the web and find the document from mainframe. From here, I notice that there are the HTML tags - how do I resolve in such a way that when I email the output of the SAS program along with the document, it is in a readable format.

Thank you for any help or suggestions!
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Review the ODS HTML and FILENAME EMAIL engine parameters when using SAS on the mainframe (presumed IBM's z/OS MVS environment), either as an attachment or as an instream HTML-formatted EMAIL document.

The SAS support website http://support.sas.com/ has technical reference documents as well as SAS (z/OS MVS companion supplement guide) with details on the topic. Here is one related tech support document:

TS-605

Sending Electronic Mail within the SAS System under OS/390
http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts605.html

Also, you will need to configure the SAS system option EMAILHOST= to specify a valid SMTP mail server, if one is not installed on z/OS.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
when sending the email, instead of including the word/html document, present a link to the document.
The link need be no more than the plain text of the url

good luck

PeterC
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Good point - a SAS-generated (from mainframe document) can be stored there and hosted, if a web server, such as the "free" z/OS HTTP Server is active.

Or the document could be generated and stored/transfered to another file server, where a web server has access.

And, so, for these instances, the SAS-generated EMAIL would be able to send a text-format message containing the URL link to the document (very good idea and possibly more efficient, as well).

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
it works for me and my client....
Significant benefits, include :
multiple messages informing recipients, but only one copy of data moves to file-server ;
no recipients need a mainframe account ;
batch process delivers data overnight to server.

I guess there might be more that I don't immediately remember.

PeterC

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation