BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Been trying to do this on enterprise guide using code but its not working.

I tried the steps from here:
http://blogs.sas.com/sasdummy/index.php?/archives/24-Using-SAS-Enterprise-Guide-to-read-Microsoft-Of...

And this allowed me to open up the access file in SAS format (under work), however I still cant save this file down so I can use it for calculations and other functions.

Just wondering if there are any solutions to do this on code? (The code gives me a error message that my libname is invalid, when it clearly isnt. Just using the proc import function dmbs=access etc.)

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Might be a good Idea that you supply the code and Log so someone can help you...
deleted_user
Not applicable
PROC IMPORT DATAFILE="XXX"
OUT=test DBMS=access REPLACE;
GETNAMES=YES;
DATAROW=2;
RUN;

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to
WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.
Unable to sample external file, no data in first 5 records.
NOTE: Import Cancelled.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):
real time 1.03 seconds
user cpu time 0.04 seconds
system cpu time 0.09 seconds
Memory
Ksharp
Super User
Hi.
Your proc import syntax is wrong for the Access file .
For the detail about it,search it in support.sas.com.

Ksharp
deleted_user
Not applicable
umm still cant get it to work. Using enterprise guide 4.1 Message was edited by: solarity
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you followed the steps in the blog post and things work; but then you try the generated code and things don't work, you might want to open a track with Tech Support. It was my understanding that the blog post recommended using SAS/Access to ODBC to get to a Microsoft Access database file. But, does the EG generated code, actually reference DBMS=ACCESS or DBMS=ACCESSCS??? Just like this note shows the use of ExcelCS, you may have to use ACCESSCS instead of the "plain" Access driver???
http://support.sas.com/kb/37/479.html

That would actually be something you could find out from Tech Support -- as your operating system version, your Office version -and- your various servers might come into play in addition to your EG version.

You might also want to post this question in the Enterprise Guide forum, where more EG folks and the author of that original blog all hang out.

cynthia
Ksharp
Super User
Hi.
Sorry .I did not notice you are using access07, I think proc import can not support Office2007,you need libname xxx odbc '...' just as Cynthia mentioned to import data set.

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation