BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AminSaad
Calcite | Level 5

Parameter              DF   Parameter   Standard    Chi-Square   Pr > ChiSq      Hazard

Ratio                                  Estimate       Error

RF_CATEGORY   1  1       0.39888         0.54005       0.5455               0.4602             1.490                                       RF_CATEGORY 1

RF_CATEGORY   2  1       0.99090         0.52381       3.5785               0.0585             2.694                                       RF_CATEGORY 2

RF_CATEGORY   3  1       1.32557         0.55011       5.8063               0.0160             3.764                                       RF_CATEGORY 3

Effect                      DF  Wald Chi-Square      Pr > ChiSq

RF_CATEGORY   3       12.8814            0.0049

Hi everyone,

My background in statistic is not very solid. I have received this report and I'm not sure how to figure out whether the HR is significant or not? Could anyone explain. thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

The p-value of 0.0049 test the hypothesis that all three parameters are zero.

DF=3 because there are three less in a model where all the four Groups are equal (four Groups because there is also the reference Group).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

If I was right check Pr > ChiSq

if alpha=0.05 , then only the last one is significant .

AminSaad
Calcite | Level 5

Ok I know this part about the 0.05, anything lower is statistically significant. What got me confused is the second table with the wald chi square ?? 0.0049 it reports this for only DF = 3,,, in other tables where the HR was significant for all there categories. I only got one p value for the wald  chi-square? what does it signify?

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

The p-value of 0.0049 test the hypothesis that all three parameters are zero.

DF=3 because there are three less in a model where all the four Groups are equal (four Groups because there is also the reference Group).

AminSaad
Calcite | Level 5

for the same variables I got the KM cureves. and there I have four curves with the reference and then I got this table? does that mean that the 3 curves are statistically different from the reference curve? and why do we have more that one test ?

test
chi squaredf pr>chisquare

Log-Rank

Wilcoxon

-2Log(LR)

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

When the wald test (or log-rank or -log(LR)) are significant it can be due to only one big contrast between two Groups, and not neccesaryly that all four Groups differ from each other. It is correct as you say that four Groups can not be assumed to be equal.

Proc phreg produce Wald, LogRank and -2Log(LR), they are asymptotic equivalent. You can write "type3(wald)" as option in the modelstatement if you only want the wald test.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation