BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Although I know this is not the correct forum for this question, here goes:

Is there an "easy" way, in SAS, to get a listing of what users are using which modules? In other words, how do I find which users are registered for Web Studio for Reports, what users are registered for MS Add-in, what users are registered for Information Map and so on?

If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it, especially since I have only been using SAS for six weeks! Thanks in advance!

Incidentally, why is there not a section in these forums for questions like this?
3 REPLIES 3
JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I think the answer to the question "why is there not a section in these forums for questions like this?" is "Because the support team for that product has not chosen to participate."

They might not feel that this type of forum would not work well for their products, or they might not have sufficient staff, or they might be waiting to see how well the user forums work for base SAS.

In the meantime, have you asked on SAS-L?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi!
I don't think that's entirely true -- the folks who support BI -do- participate in these forums -- there's a stored process forum and an EG forum and if you look, both of those forums do get postings about the BI platform that are answered by these people.

However, a lot of times, a question has so many dependencies on which piece of the BI platform you're talking about or raises issues (as this one does) about how Access Controls work in SAS Management Console to control resources, that's it's NOT a simple question with a simple answer.

When you install and configure the Enterprise Intelligence platform/BI Platform, you have to set up your users and groups in the metadata. You control access to the data, to the libraries, to their ability to access stored processes. I do not recall a specific way to tell which -users- are "registered" to access particular client applications like Web Report Studio or EG or the SAS add-in -- it was my understanding that the model was that you set security on the resources available to the client application -- not to the client application itself.

In my mind, this is a question best answered by Tech Support -- where they can direct the question to somebody who really KNOWS how the security model and access controls work.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, Cynthia,

When I went to the Technical Support area of the SAS web site, put in my e-mail and password info, got the following message:

"We need to verify your email address for our records. We have your email address recorded as: xxxxxxxxxx@yyy.zzzz.edu

Please check your email for a message from SAS Profile Administrator, and click the link in that email message."

However, I never received an e-mail that the message indicated I would get. Can you help with this? Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation