BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
stan
Quartz | Level 8

I've changed the font in it. But what about color?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jerry
Fluorite | Level 6

Highlight the log window, then type:

color background grey    [or blue, green, yellow, etc]

into the command window in the menu bar. 

Typing:

wsave all

into the same window should save your window customizations.

Good luck,

Jerry

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I don't know about just changing the background color of the SAS Log, this works to change the background color of both the SAS Log Window and the SAS Output Window

Start SAS, right click in the SAS Log Window and choose Tools > Options > Colors and the Window element "Background" and a color, click OK and restart SAS.

Best regards,

Åke Johansson

stan
Quartz | Level 8

...Start SAS, right click in the SAS Log Window... choose Tools > Options > Colors and the Window element "Background" and a color, click OK... restart SAS...

Åke Johansson

Ake, that hadn't worked in my hands before the topic. I don't know why...

Sas...Foundation >Core>SasMacro ... DMColors.SAS

ballardw, I was afraid of the sentence "This script will change the colors of the screens to white with black text."

Highlight the log window, then type: color background grey [or blue, green, yellow, etc] into the command window in the menu bar.

wsave all into the same window should save... window customizations... Jerry

Jerry, your suggestion works even without the wsave all after SAS was restarted.

But what about other colors? Teal, for example ?

Jerry
Fluorite | Level 6

The list of colors for the COLOR command are: blue, cyan, white, gray, red, pink, black, brown, green, yellow, magenta and orange.

Good luck,

Jerry

ballardw
Super User

If you ever want to change some of these programatically look in the Sas install directory under Foundation >Core>SasMacro

The SASMacro folder has two macros, related to chaning window appearance DMColors.SAS which is generic but shows where you can set colors and DM608clr.sas that sets the program (not enhanced), log output and some other windows that no longer exist to the colors default in SAS 6.08

Jerry
Fluorite | Level 6

Highlight the log window, then type:

color background grey    [or blue, green, yellow, etc]

into the command window in the menu bar. 

Typing:

wsave all

into the same window should save your window customizations.

Good luck,

Jerry

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation