BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Banana19
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

As my subject line says, I was wondering whether it is possible to have multiple tables next to each other in a single excel spreadsheet. I tried ODS Excel option 'START_AT= 1,1', 'START_AT= 1,6', 'START_AT= 1,12' for each table I'm using but it is only taking the first START_AT option and displaying the rest of the tables under the first table in vertical manner.

Current Output:-

Rahul19_0-1661798363006.png

Expected Output:-

Rahul19_1-1661798434857.png

It would be great if you could help me with this.

Thanks,

BD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Unfortunately no option to natively do this within ODS Excel at the moment 😞

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ghosh
Barite | Level 11

One possible solution: 

you could use ODS Layout Gridded and specify an html output that can be opened into excel.

filename xlout '~/test/gridded.html';
ods html file=xlout options(pagebreak='no');

ods layout gridded columns=3 column_gutter=1in;
ods region style={background=lightblue}; title 'This is the REGION 1 TITLE'; footnote 'This is the REGION 1 FOOTNOTE'; proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=10); run; ods region style={background=white}; /* insert space between two tables */ ods region style={background=lightgreen}; title 'This is the REGION 2 TITLE'; footnote 'This is the REGION 2 FOOTNOTE'; proc print data=sashelp.class(firstobs=11 obs=21); run; ods layout end; ods html close;

ghosh_0-1661885079164.png

Banana19
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the reply! For some reason my users requested the report should only be in excel. So they changed the requirements. 🙂

Reeza
Super User
If you have Adobe Pro and save it to PDF and then save to Excel from Adobe you'll have the desired format but a bit roundabout for sure.
Banana19
Obsidian | Level 7
Oh okay. But I do not have Adobe PRO and the report will be exported to the users server. So once the code is kicked off, I cannot intervene. Thank you!
Reeza
Super User
Unfortunately no option to natively do this within ODS Excel at the moment 😞

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation