BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KannanBaskar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

It would be really great , if you could help me on the below scenario. I have dataset which has 13 column and it needs to be converted as pdf or rtf file format so i have used ODSbut the problem is I am not getting all the columns in the single layer. my output format is 5 columns in first layer, 4 columns in second layer and 4 columns in third layer,

In order to meet aesthetics i want all the columns should be in single layer itself. Please see the example below.

Emp_No   Emp_Name   Department   DOB   DOJ   Base_Branch   Salary   DOP   Experience   Base_Branch   Deputed_Branch   Birth_Place   Nationality

Many Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, the page size is only so big.  You can do a few things to shrink sizes:

ods pdf file="c:\abc.pdf";

proc report data=have nowd split="~";

columns a b c d;

define a / "A~B" style(colum)={cellwidth=2cm font_size=8pt};

So in the above, I shrink the layout by doing these things:

the Label A B, I split this over two lines with the split char ~.  I also fix the column width, this will of course cause wrapping in the cell, but if you want to squish it on one page, then there has to be concessions).  And also I shrink the font size.

Ksharp
Super User

options orientation=landscape pagesize=max ;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Yes ORIENTATION= LANDSCAPE will work to increase the available horizontal area. And, you can use the margin options to decrease the normal margins. But ODS PDF does not use PAGESIZE option settings. If you look at the documentation on PAGESIZE, you will see that it is mostly a LISTING option

SAS(R) 9.4 System Options: Reference, Fourth Edition

And since ODS PDF is making a page size based on a bunch of other settings, the "max" of 32767 "lines" doesn't make sense, since PDF uses settings like ORIENTATION, PAPERSIZE, MARGINS (for options) and font size, cellwidth and cellpadding for the report cells, using PAGESIZE=MAX isn't the best choice for ODS PDF.

cynthia

Ksharp
Super User

Sorry. It is papersize= , I mixed up with pagesize=.

options papersize=(10in 40in);

Papersize= can enable you to define as wide paper as you want .

Which means you can hold all these variables in a row .

Xia Keshan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation