BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rab24
Calcite | Level 5
I am doing what I think is a simple Proc Print of a long textual field into an HTML file. When I first started, the HTML source code would include a nowrap command so the text would continue going to the right.

Later, I copied my code into another code window, and the HTML output started started wrapping to the HTML viewer window automatically as if someone was removing the nowrap command for me.

Now that I have copied the same piece of code into enough other projects, I am seeing cases where the text will not wrap again. The stated ODS and Proc Print commands are the same. I have even run the codes where they appear in the same EG4 viewer window, and the outputs are still different.

Does anyone know what might cause this difference? I am leaning toward something different in the datafiles I am reporting on rather than my Proc Print commands, but I don't have any idea where to start looking if that is the case.
2 REPLIES 2
David_SAS
SAS Employee
By nowrap, I assume that you mean whitespace=nowrap. I wonder where that is coming from. ODS supports the whitespace style attribute, but I do not believe that it is specified by default in the software. A procedure or custom style would have to specify it, in which case you should always get it.

-- David Kelley, SAS
rab24
Calcite | Level 5
I don't know what the whitespace=nowrap is.

At the beginning of each record I show with Proc Print, these are the respective HTML source codes:

Undesired:

Desired that I can't reliably replicate:

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation