BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tanguy
Calcite | Level 5
Dear SAS community.

I have built a set of combined reports with SAS EG (SAS Analytics pro). These recurrent reports are built on a monthly basis.
Users need to have access to the underlying data. For example, I have created a line chart based on a data set; users would need to see the underlying data by clicking on the chart. Note the the users (around 20) do not use SAS and do not have SAS license.
Do you know if it is possible to implement such a functionality whereby non SAS users have acess to underlying data of charts combined in reports (using for example ACTIVEX control)?

In advance, thanks a lot for your advices.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Is your requirement to provide a SAS dataset? Why not generate a listing report or csv?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tanguy
Calcite | Level 5
Dear all,
Just to clarify, the reports are under HTML format.
Thank you
Reeza
Super User

You could creat a link on the chart object that redirects to the source data report?

Tanguy
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, thanks for your answer.
The source data is a SAS data set and users do not have SAS license, or access to our SAS environment, so the lin wouldn't work. I understand that the ACTIVEX control allows some kind of inter activity on the charts or reports display like editing some parameters in the chart.
Can the chart 'embed' somehow metadata or more specifically basic data underlying the chart? This is possible with xls charts copied into words. I was wondering if it is possible with a SAS chart displayed in HTML.
Thank you very much
Reeza
Super User
Ok. Why not create an HTML report with the raw data via a proc print or report. When click on chart link to 'report' of data.

It doesn't seem to be an issue of security but process.
Tanguy
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for your quick answer.mm
I created a process flow in Enterprise guide which generate automatically 90 datasets based on which 90 reports in HTML‎ are created outside the SAS server, on a shared drive where non SAS users have access.

It is actually both a process and a confidentiality issue:
- we cannot give access to the full database. Nevertheless, we need to give them access to the raw data underlying the chart. For example, I built a chart at country level showing the average level of capital during the last 4 quarters. The underlying‎ raw data is at bank level. Users would like to see the raw data if needed.
This is also a process issue because I do not really understand how to make a link in the HTML file to‎ raw data considering that users cannot open a SAS dataset (they do not use SAS). I understood that ACTIVEX allows some kind of inter activity but I understand it does not help to solve my issue, right?

Thank you
Reeza
Super User

Is your requirement to provide a SAS dataset? Why not generate a listing report or csv?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation