BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DonH
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Is there a document that describes the specs needed for an image (jpg, gif and png) so that it looks right when inserted into a PDF document (e.g., using the preimage tag in a title statement).

I am continually encountering cases where the images provided to me by users/customers look right when they are viewed in IE or image viewer, but when they are inserted into a PDF the sizing is off, or they are blurry, or the background is some strange color.

I know about the dpi issue and the rgb/cmyk issues. But there must be other things that ODS requires in order for the image to look right when it is inserted into a PDF document.

Thanks

DonH

2 REPLIES 2
ScottH_SAS
SAS Employee

I don't know of any document but the most important thing to remember is the default DPI for images in PRINTER (PS, PCL, PDF) is 150.  You can change the default with the DPI= option on the PDF statement.  Also most image tools allow you to change the DPI of the image itself.

Background colors could be skewed because images with transparency (GIF and PNG) are only supported in 9.3

Not a complete answer but helpful hints I hope.

Scott

cecilhope
Calcite | Level 5

Using this image inserting library for PDF document, you can not only easily and quickly add an image, picture or logo to any position of your PDF document file, but also customize inserted image settings. For instance, you can add an image to PDF document page with desired rotating degree or you can insert an image into specified PDF document page with different transparency.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation