BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KonstantinVasil
Obsidian | Level 7

I have 1 script that produces results with multiple freq procedures and one print procedures. I then use the report wizard to create a report from the script. However, all that I see as report items that can be arranged from the script is 1 item for all freq procedures and 1 item for the print procedure - i.e. 1 item per procedure type. 

How can I define each procedure run as a separate report item that will then be visible in the report wizard and could be arranged individually?

7 REPLIES 7
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Are you using SAS Enterprise Guide? Is the Report Wizard in EG or in Web Report Studio?
What is the "script" -- is it a stored process that runs in Web Report Studio or do you mean an Enterprise Guide project? Or, are you creating a batch script using Basic or PHP or some other scripting language?

Can you post your code or mock up example code using the SASHELP datasets? Are you using BY group processing?

We need a bit more information/clarification in order to make constructive comments.

Cynthia
KonstantinVasil
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am using SAS EG, the script is a single program file, the Report is a custom report created from the EG wizard which is linked to the script output.

There is nothing special with the procedures except that some of them are from the same type and it seems that the way in which the Report wizard is accessing the output of the script is by grouping procedure types.

I am looking for a way to have each procedure output identified individually from the wizard and not in groups.

Regards

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I'm not sure what you're encountering. When I do this in EG -- and make a project with 3 PROC FREQ steps (each one uses SASHELP.BASEBALL) and a PROC PRINT step, I see 4 distinct objects in the Report Wizard:

EG_project_make_report.png

You might want to open a track with Tech Support, they could look at your code and your data and help you specifically with your issue.

Cynthia

KonstantinVasil
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for the detailed reply. However, the problem arises when the procedures are ran from the same program and the report is based on the program. As can be seen in the images below:

SAS1.PNGSAS2.PNG

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I do observe the behavior you report -- in one program -- all the PROC FREQ output is contained in one object. I don't know why this happens. That would be a question for Tech Support.

However, the way around it is to make a separate program for every step, as shown here:make_4_sep_programs.png

Each program icon is one procedure -- 3 PROC FREQs and 1 PROC PRINT. Each separate program icon becomes an object that I can use in the Report Layout Wizard.

Cynthia

KonstantinVasil
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have many such cases in which there are Programs with many procedures, that's one of their main benefits to organize code together.

What would be the most effective way of contacting tech support. Do I have to go trough the corporate license and respective SAS manager or it could be done through the forum or with email?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You don't post Tech Support question to the forum. You can fill out this form: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm or send mail to support@sas.com. Either way, you'll be asked for your corporate license and other information.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation